Friday, November 26, 2010

SCHOOL LIFE, CULTURE: Past week at school, new camera, etc


I woke up Tuesday morning, debating whether or not to skip the first period of class for the day. I was worried there'd be something I hadn't completed that would make me feel excluded from the day. However, someone had given me the idea there was no class Tuesday, and as I was prepared to walk to school (I was completely short on money after buying the new camera) I looked at the calendar on my phone that said it was Japanese Labor Day. So I texted several people from school until I got the answer that there was in fact no classes. I had to find some way to spend the rest of the day. What better way than to play with the new camera (aside from studying or something more relevant). Here are some of the pictures I took that day around the Maiko-Tarumi area of Kobe:




















 Since then I have been taking photos regularly and will be sure to post more in the future.
 Thursday I missed first period, as I was scheduled to present something I hadn't prepared for, but as there was a lack of time for other presenters that day it probably worked in the class's favor (good excuse). I didn't attend all of Private/Civil Law either, but managed to at least see what was going on. As far as I could tell the lecture was the same subject as it had always been. For third period's Interchanging Societies, the lecture on rural to urban migrations was concluded by explaining what special features in rural areas offer to prevent rural areas from decaying as more people move to urban centers. The lectures from now on will be in Japanese, which will provide a better challenge for language-learning as the class progresses. Seminar was more research presentations from students, one on how people who play online games will sell virtual items and currency in those games for real money, which drew puzzlement from other students who seemed to have no interest in online gaming (it was one of the two male seminar members who presented it, the rest of the class is all female, so there's no surprise they'd be disinterested). The other presentation was on the evolution of fashion which lacked a lot of detail, and the professor extended the topic of conversation on and on as he always does (particularly when it comes to discussing the work of the prettier girls in class).
 It was a week without much incident overall, and without much class time. There are several projects for classes I will have to finish and post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment